Saturday, March 8, 2008

Decisions, decisions...and grumbles about work

I am such a procrastinator! I have several projects I should be doing, as well as housework that needs to get done, and I don't wanna! : ) I think tomorrow I am going to make a few more jewelry items, and then get started on the dress Berlyn wants me to make for her daughter. The only thing is that she wants it done for Easter if at all possible. Yeep! That's two weeks away! Holy buckets, that's not much time!
Oh, wait, she says that if I can't get it done by Easter, that's okay, because there are so many pretty, fluffy little girls' dresses at the store and she wants one of those too. So if I can't get the crocheted dress done, she will buy one, and then I can get the dress made in time for the munchkin's birthday (2 already!). If I do get it done, then she will buy a dress for the birthday instead. How's that for a convoluted sentence? ; )
Work was not a lot of fun today. We had a couple people call in, so I got stuck at the cash register for about half my day. There are some days when I wouldn't mind so much, but it seems like whenever I'm away from my area for any length of time, more stuff gets stolen. Today I think it was almost 40 dollars' worth of jewelry findings--mostly the sterling silver stuff. I know it's not my fault, and there's nothing I can really do to stop it, but it's frustrating beyond all belief! I just don't understand why people feel the need to steal. I know the teenagers do it just because they can, and can get away with it, but what about the adults? What kind of example are they setting for their kids?
Not to mention those people who make a mess and leave it for the employees to clean up. I'm sorry, I'm not your maid, darn it! My mom taught me something: "If you're not going to buy it, keep your flippin' (yep, her words) hands off of it!" And I think more people ought to follow that rule. Or at least put things away neatly when they're done looking/feeling/whatever. I totally understand that sometimes you just have to get a "feel" for what you (maybe) want to buy, and that's okay. But for the love of Pete ask someone before you randomly open stuff and then leave a pile of plastic wrappers and paper backings all over the place! The employees are much more likely to do a neat job of opening, not to mention closing everything up again should you decide against buying said item, and then it won't look like it's been through a warzone, or else had half its stuff stolen, and the next person might actually buy it.
Can you tell that really bugs me?
Ah, well...nuff said. Let's move on. I won't mention this again, I promise.
Anyhow.......I think that's it for tonight. Sorry about the rant. I'll post pics tomorrow (maybe?) of any jewelry I make. And I'm also going to (hopefully) get them posted on eBay, so you'll have to go check there and see what I've got. Then you'll have to let me know what you think!
Y'all have a good evening!

3 comments:

Mouse said...

I really want to come and browse round your shop... *sigh*

Shawna said...

Why's that, Mouse? Oh, Boo asked, so I'll tell y'all, that I work at Hobby Lobby (which is an arts and crafts chain, and also carries tons of home decor stuff). Or did you mean that you want to look at my stuff on eBay? I'm confused...lol

Smerk said...

Mouse probably means both!