Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Update on Tiny, and maybe a decision to make...


Just to let you guys know, Tiny is almost back to his birth weight (about half an ounce shy, is all) and is doing pretty well. He is eating pretty well, which is a good sign. I think I have some new pics of him hiding in the puter somewhere, let me take a look...

Yup, there he is! Eyes open and everything! The best part is that when Rachele and Tree hold him, Tiny doesn't even need his oxygen--it literally gets so high, they have to shut it off! Way to go, Tiny!
Okay, now for the decision I may be making...
I think I may need to find another job. : ( I want to find a job that will actually go somewhere. Plus, the local high school kids come in and rob us blind. It's depressing, especially since I can't do anything about it unless I actually catch them at it. A couple of weeks ago, someone made off with several hundred dollars' worth of sterling silver jewelry findings. I know this isn't my stuff, and I'm not responsible for the losses, but still....*sigh*
So, I think I need to find a new job that isn't related to retail. And I need to get some job skills, so I can acquire said new job. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Mouse said...

I suppose, if you really don't know what you'd like to do, the first thing would be to work out what you don't want to do...

Do you prefer working with other people or on your own?
Would you rather go out to work or work from home?
Do you want to do something involving a hobby or interest of yours?

Maybe if you make a list of questions of that type and answer them you might start to see the direction in which you want to go. :)

Nettie said...

Sweetie, I used to be in retail (managed a discount variety store) and had much the same issues as you had. I left there to work in the bank and although I've resigned now, it's not because I didn't like my job. In fact, I loved working at the bank.
The reason I mention this is because when you work in retail one of the best skills you take away are customer service skills and I know that banks (the ones over here anyway) really value that. There is a sales aspect as well to working at the bank, even as a teller but it's not actually retail.
There are other places as well that involve customer service that aren't retail either that you might find you're suitable for.

Apart from that I don't really have any other suggestions but doing a few courses could also be of benefit.

Good luck with it!

Shawna said...

Thanks, guys. I think for now, I'm going to stay where I am, and get some skills to go along with it. After all, it never hurts to learn new things! : )

To answer Mouse's questions:
I'd rather work on my own, but don't mind working with people.

I'd prefer to work from home if possible.

I'd love it if I could do something with jewelry-making or crocheting!

For now, though, I'm going to have to stick to selling jewelry on eBay and making it in my free time. And I just don't crochet fast enough to make a living at it.