Monday, September 27, 2010

What in the world have I gotten myself into???

So, some of y'all know that I'm back in college, after a hiatus of fifteen years.  And it's pretty cool so far, even though Heather says it's weird to hear me talking about having homework...lol  And I'm enjoying my classes, and feeling like I'm learning something, so that's all good.

But I'm having a hard time staying focused (the lure of the internet is strong! lol), and it's not always easy keeping up with the homework assignments.  And it's only the third week of classes!!  And I keep thinking that I should be working, too...but then I think, "But when would I do my homework?  And when would I sleep?  Or do laundry?  Or clean?"  And I think to myself that I haven't written papers in years, and things have changed.  After all, I'd never even heard of APA or MLA formats until recently!  How in the world can I possibly do this?

And the only answer I can come up with is, "Because I need to.  I need to do something with my life so that if I'm working in retail when I'm 65, it's because I want to, not because I have to."  And I love to read, and finding mistakes in what I'm reading drives me absolutely bonkers, so being an editor actually makes sense.  I just hope no one ever wants me to write anything meaningful, because I'm not that great a writer myself.  I can edit wonderfully, but being eloquent on paper?  (Or, y'know, on a computer screen...) Not so much.

I hope that I can do well in school, and that I'll be able to keep up with my classes.  I suppose a good start would be getting off of here, and getting back to my World Lit essay... ;-)

Talk to y'all later!

No comments: