Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hold the phone!

Oh, my gosh! I got the Census Bureau job after all! The good one, the one I applied for! I've got to call the lady from the regional office in Denver tomorrow to get all the details straightened out. So far, all I know is that it pays $12.50 an hour, with 58.5 cents/mile for travel. : ) I can't stop grinning!

The only downside is that I don't think I'll be able to give my boss a full two weeks' notice that I'm leaving. I have to have 40 hours of training for the new job, and I think (not sure, though) that I'm supposed to start in about a week and a half....eesh. I think my boss at Hobby Lobby is going to have kittens when I tell him I'm leaving.

But I'm still so excited! And, okay, a little scared because this is so different from anything I've ever done before. But I can do this!

I'll post again when I know more about the job. Have a good evening, everyone! : )

5 comments:

Mouse said...

I think you can do it too. :)
*hugs*

Shawna said...

Thanks!
*bighugs*

Acci said...

We have faith in you!

Just what exactly we have faith in you to do we might not mention, though. . .

;-)

And my verification word thingy today is "favocor". Sounds like some sort of weird medicine.

oppiejoe said...

Heh - good luck

My word verification was "flanstec"

Corporation making Flan for a better tomorrow?

Mmmmmm Flan

Nettie said...

You'll do fine hun! I'm so excited for you *hugs*