Saturday, May 3, 2014

Spring Cleaning

I'd definitely say I'm overdue for that in here; after all, I've been gone a really long time!

Since my last visit, I got my final grades (I was still waiting on my French grade). I ended up with a 3.5, which put me (just barely) in the honors category. In other words, according to my diploma, I graduated cum laude. And today I got to watch several of my friends graduate via the college website's live stream (I overslept, so couldn't make it there in person). I'm so happy for each and every one of them! I know some of them are planning to be teachers, and one gal is planning to be a writer, and I'm sure that all of them are going to be amazing!

I'm still editing for NOISE & COLOR, and I'm looking for other editing gigs as well. I also started a website/blog/thingy just for editing stuff. You can find it at willowtreecopyediting.wordpress.com. There's not much there as yet, since I just don't have nearly the wealth of information that some other editors do. But I do have links to some of those other editing blogs, so hopefully that will be helpful and/or interesting to other folks. I'm also going to try to get in the habit of posting something there every few days, even if it's just a short paragraph. And a couple of other things I've done, business-wise: I joined the Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA) and signed up for a developmental editing of fiction class, which has been very interesting! I'm about 3/4 of the way through it right now.

As far as general stuff with me, Dave, and the kids goes, there's not tons to tell. Heather's doing pretty well with school this semester--she had to make up some classes that she'd failed, and they let her do them online (module-style). She has really done well with those! She's able to work at her own pace, and she understands some things better when presented in that format. Also, because she has to have at least an 80% in most cases before she can move on to the next module, she'll finish those classes with a B average. I'm really proud of how well she's done this semester!

The other kids are doing okay, for the most part. Working, going to school, generally staying busy. My youngest granddaughter, Kate, is going to be a year old on the 19th of this month! Crazy. Time really flies, doesn't it?

Anyway, I'm going to run off for now. Dave and I are working on dinner, since we've got a rare evening to ourselves! :-)

Take care, y'all, and hopefully I'll be back sooner rather than later!

No comments: