Thursday, June 19, 2008

Be careful what you wish for...

You just might get it!

I've been getting new jewelry items at work (very cool stuff, most of it), but no new layout to tell me where exactly it's supposed to go. So for the last 4 weeks or so I've been asking "is it here yet?" The answer has always been "nope, not yet"--until this week. It came in on Monday, but I couldn't start on it until after I had all this week's freight put away and the order done.

Got that stuff done and got to look at the new layout. I just about fainted on the spot! The packet was about an inch and a half thick (most of it new labels), but the worst part is that everything is moving! I kid you not, I mean everything! So I now have 3 carts full of stuff that is moving further down the aisle, and big empty holes that I need to fill in. And I think it needs to be done by the end of next week. (Or that's when they would like it done, anyway.) No pressure.

'Scuse me while I hide somewhere.....yeep!

On a side note, Tree and Rachele had to go out of town today. Tree's dad died yesterday, of (as yet to me) unknown causes. So they are going to be with his mom until the funeral on Monday--they have to be back by Tuesday night due to an appointment that Rachele has on Wednesday.

Guess that's all for now. If I think of anything else, I'm sure I'll add it later.

Have a good one!

4 comments:

Nettie said...

Gah, when I worked in retail I absolutely hated relaying isles. It's a job I wouldn't wish ion my worst enemy.

Shawna said...

I normally don't mind the smaller ones, but this is all three sidecounters--39 feet worth! Eeep!

Mouse said...

Am I weird because I think that sounds quite fun? ;-)

Smerk said...

Yes, Mouse. You're weird. ;-)

And commiserations to the family on the death of Tree's dad.